Hi Robert,

> Is there a graphics tool for helping handling patches?
>
> Are there tools for extracting whole changed files as well?

About the tools... yes I will give a try to test and play five minutes
with TortoiseHG.

In my professional experience Hg is far easier to adopt, for two simply reasons:
  - TortoiseHG works like a charm (for mergin, see pulled changes
before mergin, etc)
  - HG concepts are far more easier to understand, Git is more complex
(more powerful though) but this is one of those cases where it's
better to understand what's going on than a bit of performance.
   - Mercurial is a bit mor portable than git, (at least for windows users)
   - I've successfully used the "most complex" plugin to rewrite the
history (I was playing with branches) in just ten minutes.

http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/manual/0.9/ --> TortoiseHg manual

--
  Jose L. Hidalgo ValiƱo (PpluX)
  ---- http://www.pplux.com ----