Hi,

At this time I just found that malfunctioning. The first thing I noticed is the
use of LayeredTexture but obviously this is not the problem from what you say.
The problem is in the export C4D tool, but it is unclear where he is. Apart
from the use of LayeredTexture, the two files seem roughly similar. I have not
had time to perform additional tests.

let me know if you find something. However, this is weird because FBX should be
an interchange format but, at the end, only Autodesk products allow you to use
it properly.

P.S. (Export in FBX 6 with 5 compatibility (always in C4D...) works fine but
Material applied on selection isn't allowed in this version and this is a
strongly limitation...)

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dario