Hi all,

I am currently having some troubles with particles, I am trying to make them
local to a model (for example, imagine a scene with the earth rotating
around the sun, and a model moving on the earth, I don't want my particles
to take into account the earth movement, only the model one). I've made it
by putting everything related to particles (Emitter, ParticleSystemUpdater,
the geode with the ParticleSystem...) under my model root instead of the
whole scene root. But it doesn't work, my particles are still taking into
account the main movement. It's weird because the same code was working one
year ago, but I didn't use it again until today, and I don't find any other
way to make my particles local.

My particle effect is composed of :
- a ParticleSystem inside a classic Geode
- a ModularEmitter
- a ParticleSystemUpdater
- a FluidProgram

Everything is attached into my graph under my model, and I set :
emitter->setReferenceFrame(osgParticle::ParticleProcessor::RELATIVE_RF);
particleSystem->setParticleScaleReferenceFrame(osgParticle::ParticleSystem::LOCAL_COORDINATES);

It works without problem when nothing is moving in my scene, but if I enable
movements on the model parents, my particles take them into account on their
own movement.

Any idea ?

Serge Lages
http://www.tharsis-software.com