The OSG format appears to hold model and texture data.  I'm looking for a file
format which is used exclusively for placing and orienting models in a scene.
For example I could do something like this:

<model src="myModel.3DS">
  <loc x=A y=B z=C />
  <orient xAngle=A2 yAngle=B2 zAngle=C2 />
</model>

This way I can reference models of many different formats and position them in
a uniform manner.  Plus, I don't have to work around the hundreds or thousands
of vertices that would otherwise appear in the file.

The .scene format provides this ability which is why I was wondering if someone
had created a reader for that file type.  If not, and if there is no direct
competitor in the OSG reader system, then I might just go ahead and write a
reader for .scene files to make this possible.

Thanks.

Matt