Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:09 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] does LiSPSM cull the objects in the scene?

Thanks for your answer :) I knew you were going to reply :-D

Thanks for your advise, those are the values I am playing with. I was also tried to give the ShadowScene the objects I want to cast shadows (by applying the castShadowMask on selected objects). that actually worked, but performance was still slow.

The problem appears to be that our scene is too big and too complex (in terms of tri count). I believe that's where the problem is, scene has a very large tri count and the shadow almost doubles it which is an overkill for the GPU. So I will look into trying to simplify the scene then having another go.

Are there any shadowing techniques that can help? Or is LiSPSM the best in my case?

thanks

ramy