Hi Christian,

Am 14.12.10 12:40, schrieb Christian Buchner:
> 1) what is the shortest distance that you can place yourself (or
> objects) in front of the Kinect and get good readings?

the shortest distance is approx 50cm, the longest distance is about
4.5m, it depends on your lighting conditions, after all the kinect
projects a point-grid into the room via infrared. As infrared is part of
the sprectrum emitted by the sun, the kinect works IMHO better  without
direct sunlight :)

> 2) is the IR beam safe to the eyes when placing your face in front of
> the sensor at short distance? I am worried about hurting the retina.

I think it is safe, as it's a consumer product and has AFAIK no laser
inside.

cheers,
stephan