Hi Mukund,

I just meant that you could implement a spatial traverse over the
terrain bounding box with equal steps in X and Y, intersect vertically
with the terrain and put the resulting terrain heights in an image which
you can write to disk with one of the OSG image plugins implementing
writeImage. If an elevation raster on disk is what you want, that is.

Regards,
Andreas