Hi,
Sorry I am very busy...
First I think you should setup the invBindMatrixInSkeletonSpace to your
bones.
If it correctly set, I would need to check the code and test it with
your samples cases.

Cheers,
Cedric

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 19:41 +0200, Garrett Cope wrote:
> More investigation, still not much clearer. I'm hoping with a more concrete
> example someone can tell me what I'm missing...
>
> My main issue is how to change the coordinate system of a bone within the
> skeleton hierarchy. This could be done previously by just modifying the
> rotation of the bones bind matrix. Now that doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> A specific example using osganimationskinning::
>
> This example currently rotates about the local z-axis of each joint. Let's
> say that I now want to rotate the first joint about the vertical axis
> instead. This could be accomplished by changing the axis of the rotate
> transform for the bone as follows:
>

> Code:
> pRight0Update->getStackedTransforms().push_back(new
> osgAnimation::StackedRotateAxisElement("rotate", osg::Vec3(0,1,0), 0));
>

> but how would I do this by changing coordinate system of the bone such that
> the existing rotation would now rotate about the vertical axis?
>
> I did this previously by adjusting the rotation of the bind matrix, but
> adding any rotation to the bind matrix in this case seems to just distort the
> mesh.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something key...
>
> Thanks in advance for any thoughts
>
> --jamie[/code]

> Read this topic online here:
> http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?p=38857#38857

Cedric Pinson
Provide OpenGL, WebGL and OpenSceneGraph services
+33 659 598 614 - cedric.pin...@plopbyte.com -
http://plopbyte.com