On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
<xe...@alphapixel.com>wrote:

> On 5/3/2011 3:02 PM, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> > I'd like to propose my fixes that I sent in on -submissions pre-2.8.4:
> all except the
> > VC2010 build fix still apply. They are these two:
> > Improvements to osgconv:
> >
> https://github.com/rpavlik/osg/compare/OpenSceneGraph-2.8...improve-osgconv
> > (I've also forward-ported these to trunk:
> > https://github.com/rpavlik/osg/compare/master...improve-osgconv-trunk )
> > Fixes to the osgWrappers:
> > https://github.com/rpavlik/osg/compare/OpenSceneGraph-2.8...fix-wrappers
>
>   I'll take a look at them. As long as you're willing to contribute
> ready-to-check-in
> files, and do and coordinate testing of the results, I'm totally welcoming
> of them. But,
> we're in a position where we can't do the patch-porting and testing for
> most features,
> because we don't have the resources or knowledge.
>
>  The ffmpeg stuff in 2.8.4 turned out to be difficult because while Robert
> ported it and
> tested it on Linux, it took a long time to find people who could test it on
> Windows and
> Mac OSX. So we have to make sure we can do a proper job on each patch
> before we can accept it.
>
> > Thank you!
>
>  Thank you!
>
> > Ryan

I have access to all three platforms and can test on them. (Have already
tested the wrappers fix on Windows vc9 and Linux, and the osgconv on Windows
[functional] and linux [build, didn't actually try using it])

GitHub should give you access to the updated files in whatever form you
prefer - patch, full file, etc.  I haven't figured out how to automatically
zip up the full files for all files touched (as requested in the submission
info) using Git yet, but hopefully this method isn't too difficult to use.

Ryan

--
Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student