Diana,

First off, I don't see where you're setting the view matrix for the
camera in your code below. You compute the transform, but you'll need to
attach it to the camera.

Since it looks like you're navigating on a sphere, I would try the
following in your "while" loop below...

osg::EllipsoidModel convert;
osg::Matrixd position;
osg::Matrixd t_matrix;
convert.computeLocalToWorldTransformFromLatLongHeight(lat,lon,height,pos
ition);
t_matrix = position;
t_matrix.invert(t_matrix);
osg::Matrixd rotate2YUp;
rotate2YUp.makeRotate(-M_PI_2, osg::Vec3f(1.0, 0.0, 0.0));
t_matrix *= rotate2YUp;
viewer.getCamera()->setViewMatrix(t_matrix);
viewer.frame();

Of course, I'm assuming that you have all the other camera state (i.e.
projection matrix, viewport, etc.) set up correctly. The above doesn't
include an orientation transform so you will need to add that. When you
do, it will be concatenated with the position matrix.

Make sure that lat, lon are in RADIANS when you call
computeLocalToWorldTransformFromLatLongHeight. Height is usually in
meters.

One more thing...it would probably be best to move the code outside of
the "while" loop and place it in an UpdateCallback...

-Shayne