Hi Jan,

I tried both relative and absolute file paths.

The VRML file, which I try to load,  is located
at /Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl .

I reverted my changes of the VRML plugin and added the following line for
debugging purposes:
osg::notify(osg::INFO) << "fileName=" <<fileName.c_str() << std::endl;

After running this code,

osg::setNotifyLevel(osg::DEBUG_FP);
osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> model = osgDB::readNodeFile("model.wrl");
osgViewer::Viewer viewer;
viewer.setSceneData(model.get());

I get the following debug output:

[...]
Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-3.0.0/osgdb_vrml.so
itr='/Developer/workspace/osgtest/osgtest.app/Contents/Resources'
FindFileInPath() : trying
/Developer/workspace/osgtest/osgtest.app/Contents/Resources/model.wrl ...
itr='/Developer/workspace/osgtest'
FindFileInPath() : trying /Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl ...
FindFileInPath() : USING /Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
fileName=file:///Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
[...]

OSG finds the correct file path and according to the last line of the debug
output, the VRML plugin prepends "file://".
But the plugin does not load anything and nothing is displayed on the
screen.

If I use an absolute path, this is the debug output:
[...]
FindFileInPath(/Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl):
returning /Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
fileName=file:///Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
[...]

But still no model is visible.

If I disable the addition of "file://" in the VRML plugin, the model is
loaded and displayed, and the following debug output is generated:

[...]
FindFileInPath(/Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl):
returning /Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
fileName=/Developer/workspace/osgtest/model.wrl
[...]

Both the absolute and relative file path works.

Thanks,

Michael