Hi Clement,

On 1 March 2012 12:47,  <clement....@csiro.au> wrote:
>   I think all my windows xp machines cannot support 3D texture.  Is possible
> to force osg to use 2D texture on osgVolume?  Thanks.

osgVolume is designed around 3D texturing, both the fixed function and
shader techniques use 3D textures.  It would be possible to implement
a crude 3D volume rendering based on 2D textures but it would be very
limited in what it could do.

3D texturing has been a standard feature for graphics cards for quite
a few years now so if one is doing volume rendering it's normally a
reasonable requirement to have the hardware that is capable of
handling the task.  It also begs the question about just what hardware
is in those WindowsXP machines, I asked this earlier but you haven't
yet mentioned.  Could it be some old intel hardware?