From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
[robert.osfi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 2 March 2012 8:24 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osgVolume RayTracedTechnique problem

Hi Clement,

On 2 March 2012 04:12,  <clement....@csiro.au> wrote:
> The graphic details of this machine is Intel Q35 Express Chipset.  Is
> osgVolume not support this chipset?

I'm rather surprised that you'd even attempt volume rendering on such
in capble hardware.

Volume rendering is one of most challenging tasks for any graphics
card to handle, it tougher than *any* game available, it pushes the
memory bandwidth and capacity to the limit, it can brings high end
hardware to it knees.  Yet you are trying to get things working on
crappy Intel embedded graphics and virtual machine.

You really need to reset your expectations. Volume rendering requires
decent graphics hardware. Is not the osgVolume doesn't support crappy
graphics, it's that crappy graphics doesn't support volume rendering.