Hi,

FlightGear now includes a deferred renderer that produce shadows. As the
lighting is done from a Gbuffer in a fullscreen quad render, I can't (correct
me if I'm wrong) use osgShadow.

So in my implementation, I render the geometry of the whole scenegraph to a
depth texture using an orthographic projection in the direction of the light.
The view matrix sets the sun position at 10000m from a position ahead of the
viewer. But when the viewer is near an object that has a LOD node that has a
range of 0 - 9000m, the model is not renderer in the shadow map and the viewer
doesn't see a shadow.

So the question : is there special code in osgShadow that address this kind of
situation : a LOD range for the viewer unsuitable for the light source ?

I tried to override the LOD::traverse method in a specific cull visitor that
calls Group::traverse instead, but I was said it is a bad thing, and I can
understand it breaks PagedLOD and any descendant too.

Regards,
-Fred