On 02.04.2012 13:45, Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi All,

[...]

> In terms of server I have a Dreamhost account that includes full
> hosting so moving the OSG website to dreamhost is fine by me -
> currently I use Dreamhost's Mailman support to provide the osg-users
> mailing list and the blog.openscenegraph.org is hosted by Dreamhost.
> Dreamhost allows use to install various web technologies for our
> hosted websites, technologies like MediaWiki, WordPress, Joomla and
> Tracs amoung others.  I'm open to suggestion on what technology to go
> for, so please step forward now with feedback on various CMS
> techologies you've used and what think would work well for the OSG.

Don't use Redmine stick to Trac, the biggest reason for this is administration
remains easy with trac-admin. You can easily backup, migrate and configure
each project while multiple projects are still possible with minimal effort.
Compared Redmine with Trac, Redmine's backup and configuration is a nightmare
as you have to dump mysql databases manually, backup uploaded files
separately, etc. More over, you are not able to migrate single projects. Some
Redmine settings apply to all projects, the wiki does not allow custom image
resolutions for embedded images due to a XSS related bug. Some configuration
is done in-source e.g. custom routes, so software updates will overwrite your
settings then.

I say this as we are currently using Redmine for our project (openwalnut.org
also using OSG) and I am very unhappy with it. BTW, we also encounter problems
with spammers (buybacklinkz.com etc) even recaptcha plugins for Redmine won't
protect you and you have to use manual account activation as a last resort.

please ignore clumsy english as I am in (a?) hurry
Mathias

--
Institut für Informatik
Universität Leipzig