On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Chris Hanson <xe...@alphapixel.com> wrote:
>   It looks like backface culling is off (GLES2 does have back face culling).
> Turn this on.
>
>   It also behaves as if you ended up with a context that perhaps has no Z
> buffer. This can happen if you choose your context poorly via EGL. On some
> Adreno GLES2 devices I've used, I had to drop down to a 5,6,5 RGB channel
> depth in order to get a Z buffer.

The Z buffer wasn't explicitly set in the blackberry utils... I played
around with the screen modes and EGL attributes (used RGBA8888 and had
to specify a 24bit depth buffer with 8 bit stencil) and now it works!
It's a bit slow on the device with higher poly models (dont know if
the screen mode has anything to do with that) but it works! Woo
playbook! Thank you so much to all for the help :)

Here's a sample project (you'll need to adjust the paths to point to
your own osg libs):
https://github.com/canurabus/scratch-blackberry/tree/master/template_osg

Regards,

Preet