Hi,

I completed osgAndroid Example with GLES1 successfully. If I try to run the
same example with OpenGLES2 then the OSG model is not rendering. If I add the
following code then I am able to see the model on my device.

Code:
mtForMarker[idx]=new osg::MatrixTransform();

        osg::Shader * vshader = new osg::Shader(osg::Shader::VERTEX,
gVertexShader );
            osg::Shader * fshader = new osg::Shader(osg::Shader::FRAGMENT,
gFragmentShader );

            osg::Program * prog = new osg::Program;
           prog->addShader ( vshader );
            prog->addShader ( fshader );

            mtForMarker[idx]->getOrCreateStateSet()->setAttribute ( prog );

        mtForMarker[idx]->addChild(loadedModel[idx].get());
        modelSwitch->addChild(mtForMarker[idx].get());

         osgViewer::Viewer::Windows windows;
    _viewer->getWindows(windows);
    for(osgViewer::Viewer::Windows::iterator itr = windows.begin();itr !=
windows.end();++itr)
    {
      (*itr)->getState()->setUseModelViewAndProjectionUniforms(true);
      (*itr)->getState()->setUseVertexAttributeAliasing(true);
    }

This code I added from osgAndroidOpenGLES2 example.

As I am new to OSG I have two doubts

1) Why should I add the shaders in OpenGLES2 to display model.Can't I display
the model with out this Shaders code. OpenGLES1 example doesn’t have this
shaders.

2) If I add the shaders then the fixed functionalities like textures, lighting
etc. were disabled. But I need to enable them because I got model from 3DS MAX.
How can I enable fixed functionalities?

Can you please guide me how to enable fixed functionalities? If shaders are
necessary to render model on Android with OpenGLES2 then how can I handle
textures (or any others fixed functionalities) ? Is there any tutorial to
handle this in Android?

NOTE:- By mistake i posted the same under "Build System" category.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Koduri