On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Daniel Limberger
<daniel.limber...@hpi.uni-<daniel.limber...@hpi.uni-potsdam.de>

> gwaldron wrote:
> > Looks great. Does it work with geocentric terrain?
>
> I'm not sure if i understand your question correct. osgHimmel makes no
> assumptions of the node or terrain type it is used with, except that the
> provided altitude should be within the atmosphere or is at ground level
> (for now, i plan to change this). It further needs date, time, longitude,
> and latitude.

What I mean is: most terrain models (like those created by VPB or osgEarth)
operate is either flat/projected mode (the +Z axis always points up away
from the ground) or in geoentric/ECEF mode (the +Z axis points through the
north pole), and the origin is at the center of the Earth.

The old osgEphemeris library only worked in flat projected mode because it
assumed +Z was up. Just wondering whether your SDK makes the same
assumption, or whether you are rendering a celestial sphere. If the latter,
I would be interested in the potential for integrating your SDK with
osgEarth.

Glenn Waldron / @glennwaldron / osgEarth.org