Hello,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Shayne Tueller
<shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil>wrote:

> I'm aware of that. I actually use both the email list and the forum
> interchangeably. I assumed most people did as well to see the full context
> of discussion. Apparently that is not the case.

Ah, I doubt most people actually read both, as it is redundant and everyone
has their preferred way of reading the discussions. Some prefer the forums,
the old timers who have a lot of info to follow prefer the list.

> For individuals who mainly use the email list, I will try to be more
> explicit in referring back to the forum.

Thanks. It will also help anyone who searches the list archives for answers.

> In answer to your question...no, I'm not referring to another tutorial.
> This was the only one. I tried it out and it didn't work so well (so far).
> I simply asked why and I got answers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good. I should have asked right away which tutorial were you referring to.

> Hmmm...you must have missed the email list response from Alistair Baxter
> on 4/3/13 @ 2:11am who was addressing my questions in behalf of Nathan
> Collins who is out of town. He apparently saw what I wrote and the context
> that it was written in. He knew what I was talking about...

Indeed, I did miss that exchange - but that could be also due the mailing
list software that created a new thread for the mail with your question. So
I saw it out of context, unfortunately.

> Give that a shot. That tutorial is tried, it does work and is using the
> official (Google supported) way of building applications for Android.
> > However, you may still encounter bugs - like the last compilation error
> you had. That is the nature of the beast, because the NDK is quite fast
> moving target and Google is prone to fix one bug and introduce two new ones
> in every release. Furthermore, their documentation for it is pretty much
> non-existent.
>

> Pretty hard to read documentation that is pretty much non-existent...even
> for a novice...;^)

I meant the OSG documentation (which is quite decent) and the published NDK
docs. The NDK documentation is limited, indeed, but there isn't a lot we
can do about that.

Regards,

Jan