-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Shayne Tueller
Sent: 03 April 2013 16:30
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How to build OpenSceneGraph for Android in Windows

> I guess if one presents information or a tutorial for building OSG on Android
> for Windows,
> it should be complete, accurate, and thorough. It appears that vital
> information or detail is
> missing in the tutorial regarding the role of the Android NDK or getting it
> set up in building
> the OSG in this context.

The original post on this thread was an info-dump of some of our own internal
documentation which was constructed because we couldn't set up and build osg on
Android for Windows by ourselves given the information available in the various
wiki pages and forum threads without recourse to information from elsewhere.
More information about successful methods people have used for anything in IT
is always useful, even if your mileage may vary. Midland Valley is an
independent software company, and we do not take responsibility for the (woeful
lack of) official documentation on OSG, we were merely trying to help.

In any case, the piece of information I gave you was covered by Nathan's
disclaimer

"This guide assumes you have Eclipse, the Android SDK and NDK installed and set
up already."

At the beginning of the tutorial. Being able to build the existing NDK examples
via your chosen build method is a sensible prerequisite before you try to work
with an incompletely ported thirdparty library like OSG.

Alistair Baxter
Software Engineer
Visit our team on booth 1710 at the AAPG ACE, Pittsburgh, 19th - 22nd May 2013.

Midland Valley Exploration Ltd.
144 West George Street
Glasgow G2 2HG
United Kingdom