Thanks. I will do that.

I'll most likely have more questions as I move along...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jan
Ciger
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:25 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How to build OpenSceneGraph for Android in
Windows

On 04/02/2013 06:56 PM, Shayne Tueller wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> So are you saying that Cygwin is the best way to compile OSG for
Android on Windows? I don't think the tutorial in this thread uses
Cygwin which makes this all the more confusing...

> I'll try setting the "ANDROID_NDK" environment variable to the path
where it resides and issue the make command again.

You need to read (and get familiar) with the Android NDK documentation
as well. Otherwise you are going to be tearing your hair out for a good
while.

"For Windows, Cygwin 1.7 or higher is required. The NDK will not work
with Cygwin 1.5 installations."

http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html#Reqs

The ndk_build script is a bash script, using GNU make. Neither of those
tools are available on Windows by default, so you need to get them from
Cygwin.

I suggest that you first try to compile some simple NDK example so that
you are familiar with how the build works, how things integrate with the
regular Android application code (Java) and only then start with OSG.

Regards,

Jan