I have done some tests and it looks good so far. There is only one regression
here and that is that proxy nodes that are set to load immediately are never
looked up from the cache ever. This actually is the most common use case for us
for those types of nodes.

In our program we by chance had the database pager flags set in such a way that
the database did not do any post-processing so those visitors are thread safe
(if the marker objects are removed again). It would be a good idea to have a
flag in the database pager to not disable caching of nodes (or for the pager to
automatically see if the flags for FindCompileableGLObjectsVisitor are set in
such a way that it is not needed).

Cheers,
Pjotr