Hi Robert (Miharcic for those trying to follow this thread),

I have reviewed your shader composition changes.  My first reaction is
WOW.  Second reaction much the same ;-)

I can't pretend that I actually understand all the changes but have started
to get inkling about parts.  The range of changes and complexity of what
problem is being tackled is pretty daunting to take in.  I get the sense
that your changes pick up where my original work on osg::ShaderComposition
left off, coming much close to completing the journey.

Right now my focus is getting OSG-3.4 out the door and given the changes
are so extensive and the problem so complex I won't have time to look at
integrating the changes.  The general approach I took with
osg::ShaderComposition is something I no longer feel provides a good
tradeoff between functionality and ease of use, here I feel the tradeoff
with #pragma(tic) shader composition is much better - you don't get all
functionality of osg::ShaderComposition but it is far easier for the
average developer to pick and use.  Longer term I feel that features of the
old osg::ShaderComposition would be best step by step integrated into a
method that extends the #pragmat(tic) shader approach.

If there are small modifications to the core OSG in svn/trunk that would
help make it easier to add your own shader composition work ontop of the
OSG-3.4 let me know.  Things like making a method virtual, or adding an
extra option etc. are things that would not be too intrusive and risky
w.r.t the OSG-3.4 release.

Cheers