Hi Dario,
Hi,

I'm experiencing for a very huge performance issue using models with bones (and
animation). Look at images attached. The little cute dolphin WITH bones
(animation stopped) show 107FPS, the one WITHOUT bones (animation stopped) show
over 3400FPS. Used in a simulation, performances issue is very annoying. I
think the presence of bones produces this issue.

Can you tell me something about the problem?
There is likely no actual problem. What happens if you add a second , a third model etc? Simply comparing a static mesh with a essential zero overhead in traversal with something that needs traversal says nothing about the performance in a real world scenario. Please check the stats (by pressing S in the osgviewer). Chances that adding another model with bones will not decrease performance at the same scale is high. Also providing more details on the version, your computer and possibly some sample code might help to get some more information and guidance.

Cheers
Sebastian

Thank you!

Cheers,