Hi Uma
Hi all,

     I would like to know some information.

     I need to calculate area , perimeter & volume of a selected part or area
in 3d model. For example after rendering 3d model, if I select some area(cloased
area) , say point1 point2 point3. Point1 connected to point2 point2 to point3,
point3 connected to point1. Is it possible to do it with the help of OSG.?
There might be some helper functions, but basically perimeter and area need some adjacency information, so I guess you need to do some additional work.

   And how can I get longitude,latitude and altitude for the points(say
point1).? Is there any example for this.? So that it can be helpful for me.
That doesn't make sense really if your "points" are not ECEF. Basically you can use the osg::CoordinateSystemNode and the projection to convert geographic and geocentric coordinates.

In order to transform a local mesh to a specific lat-lon position you need to orient the model at the local tangent plane (you can get the matrix from the CoordinateSystemNode (set up with the ellipsoidmodell):

osg::CoordinateSystemNode* csn = new osg::CoordinateSystemNode();
                csn->setEllipsoidModel(new osg::EllipsoidModel());
                osg::Matrixd local_frame =
csn->computeLocalCoordinateFrame(position);

For orientation simply rotate your model by the local_frame, where the position is ECEF. You can obtain an ECEF-position relative to the chosen Ellipsoid by using the Ellipsoid::computeLocalToWorldTransformFromLatLongHeight function.

Do I need to build any other OSG application for this task.?  Where does the
longitude,latitude and altitude informations are stored in 3d models
(.3ds,.osg,.osgt)?
There is no fixed coordinate system in the files/OSG. The coordinates are simply numbers in an (orthonormal) coordinate frame. So it is up to you to interpret them as being angles, meters, microfortnights or whatever.

Cheers
Sebastian

Thank you!

Cheers,