Hi Uma,

You might want to also look at VTK/ParaView which has some features but event
then it is a non-trivial task.

A while ago I needed to calculate the frontal area and it turned out easier to
just render it and pixel count. The issues were due to how select works. As the
GPU is optimising the rendering, it is not drawing all the triangles, if you
then select and calculate on that select you will not get the correct answer.

You may be able to do a variation with slicing and pixel counting (in either
VTK or OSG) - my random nodes/coda here:

https://github.com/internetscooter/Vespa-Labs/tree/master/VespaCFD/CalculateFrontalArea

Cheers,
Paul