Hi,

"it kinds seems like an odd thing that are doing,
shifting and replacing rows for some reason is not normally how one
manages terrain. Could you take a step back and explain what you are
trying to achieve in your application w.r.t terrain"

I am just starting to develop a 3D app my usual domain is deep learning and
searching.  I saw a demo of OSG using a simple terrain and thought I could turn
my boring 2D app into a sexy 3D app.  I underestimated the effort involved.  I
use linux named pipe message queue to send real time data from my java
application to my osg application.  Once in osg I fill my terrain matrix as
data is received.  The shifting of rows is to move data from front to back as
data is received.  It works very well and much better than my old 2D user
interface.

I started this tread trying to solve a mesh problem and fixed that problem by
cleaning my original data much better.  Now my terrain is looking very nice.
Thank you for your comments that made me stop and look at data again.

Your comment 'this is not normally how one manages terrain'.  Probably, what
approach would you suggest to build a 3d mesh that is filled in real time?  Can
you point me to an example?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Mike