Hi Werner,

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 12:02, Werner Modenbach
<werner.modenb...@texion.eu> wrote:
> My integration is dated April 2013 and I didn't need any changes since then.

It might not have any issues with the usage case you have, but it
doesn't necessarily mean that it will work with all usage cases.

One area that broke causing problems for some users was when render to
texture was used with a Qt/OSG application.  The OSG would set/reset
OpenGL glRead/DrawBuffer state based on the values set up for the
osg::Camera.  All the src/osgViewer/config implementation correctly
set the Camera::setDrawBuffer/setReadBuffer() values for single and
double buffer windows rather than leave as defaults.

You may be able to get away with not setting the
Camera::setDrawBuffer/ReadBuffer settings if you don't use render
texture, but even then you are still leaving a bit dangerously, you
are basically running with "uninitialzed" values.

In the osgQt repo we fixed things so that the examples do correctly
set up the osg::Camera, but we can't fix 3rd party code that is living
out there in user applications, the best we can do is discuss the
issue.