I need VS7.  I don't have VS8.  I suspect a lot of people don't.

Zach

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Weiblen
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 13:58
To: osg-users@openscenegraph.net
Subject: [osg-users] moving to VS8

Hi all,

So I'm finally getting to the point where I'm doing OSG stuff under
VisualStudio 8.  I know, late to the party (fashionably so, yeah that's it!)
I'm planning for my next installer build to use VS8, but a couple questions.

* Would anyone continue to need the VS7.1 build as well?  Dont expect it be
painful to do both, but subtly different installers could be confusing to
downloaders, and why do unnecessary work?  <insert rant on MS gratuitous
incompatibilities here>

* Has anyone assembled a 3rdParty dependencies package for VS8 along the
lines of 3rdParty_Win32binaries_2005_05_10.zip (which is for VS7.1)?  I
don't see it on
http://www.openscenegraph.com/osgwiki/pmwiki.php/Downloads/Dependencies

* I've been out of the loop on the cmake build system development.  Is there
some quickstart info, or is it obvious?  (didn't see mention on the wiki.)

cheers

-- mew