Hi Mike,

I think almost all remoting solutions will require your data to be in a
kind a tree form. This can be considered a smell as it may require
conversions between your inner domain model which probably has cycles and
the data sent over the wires which may not have them.
In fact though like Holger already wrote I think there is no safe way to
transport arbitrary graphs over the wire. So you most probably will have to
cope with this.

Load balancing is an interesting question. CXF DOSGi does not handle this
itself. It will simply provide all available endpoints as OSGi services. So
this provides at least failover and you can add load balancing based on
these local services if you like.

Christian

>  We're doing remote calls between OSGi containers on different servers
> and I'm looking at Remote Services to do the job. I've noticed that Apache
> CXF/DOSGi http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi is the reference
> implementation.
>
> DOSGi's distribution provider is based on SOAP so it seems this
> implementation will limit the expressiveness in data transferred as
> arguments and return values, such as duplicating objects that are
> referenced more than once and not supporting cycles at all.
>
> Can you recommend any Remote Service distribution provider implementations
> that offer better support for keeping "referential integrity" within the
> data transferred to the remote server?
>
> Bonus question: What's a good setup for load balancing Remote Service
> calls between multiple remote servers?
>
> Thanks
> Mike Wilson

Christian Schneider