You must give it a JSON value:

        public String postUpper(String s) {
                return s.toUpperCase();
        }

        curl -X POST -H “Content-Type: application/json" -d '"hello"'
http://localhost:8080/rest/upper
        HELLO$

There is a new version in progress that will be able to help a bit more with
this.

Then again, this REST API is a simple support for your Javascript code to call
Java. If you need more control over your REST then a JAX-RS solution might be
better.

Kind regards,

        Peter Kriens