I was too quick with my last response.
> On 9 Mar 2017, at 16:33, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Ray,
> thats what I assume as well, but I couldn't find that explicitly specified in
> DS 1.3. If I did not oversee that it would be IMHO good to explicitly state
> that in the DS 1.4 Spec. WDYT?
> What is the process of getting an issue resolved in a newer spec version?
> Thanks,
> Konrad
>
>> On 9 Mar 2017, at 16:27, Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com> wrote:
>>
>> I do believe the order is always reversed natural ordering on the
>> ServiceReference.
Actually it is not the reversed natural ordering but the natural ordering (i.e.
lowest ranked first!), see 112.3.8.1 in OSGi 6 Compendium
"Before the component instance is activated, SCR must set the field with
a new mutable collection that must contain the initial set of bound services
sorted using the same
ordering as ServiceReference.compareTo based upon service ranking and service
id."

>> i.e.
>> - first; ordered by service.ranking property in descending order (highest
>> ranked first)
>> - second; ordered by service.id property in ascending order (oldest first)
>>
>> HTH,
>> - Ray
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Can anyone comment or this, or do you want me to open a Bugzilla issue?
>> Thanks,
>> Konrad
>>> On 3 Mar 2017, at 08:42, Konrad Windszus <konra...@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> DS 1.3 added field injection and now supports Collections/Lists.
>>> Unfortunately it is only specified (in OSGi R6 Comp, §112.3.8.1) how those
>>> are ordered in case of dynamic references. What about having a static
>>> reference with multiple cardinality?
>>> I fail to see the according spec about the ordering of these.
>>> Is this an oversight on my side, or is this just missing from the spec?
>>> Can I assume that those are ordered as well according to
>>> ServiceReference.compareTo(...)?
>>> Thanks,