Exactly this is my problem. What means "close enough". If Osmand would
accept maybe 30 meter for accepting a waypoint the problem would be solved.
Yes, older trackpoints are removed after maybe 30 km. No setting in Osmand
WHEN they are removed?
Looks to me like there can be a solution for vehicle navgation, as long a
solution is available in the program.