I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the schedule for map updates.
We're now on the 14th of June and the New Zealand map update to 1st of June
hasn't been released yet.  I could understand if it were not for Osmand
also offering daily and hourly updates for people that pay a higher fee.
If all maps, globally, can be updated hourly, how can it possibly be
justifiable to take over two weeks to roll that update out to other users?

One of the great things about OSM is the crowd sourcing nature of the map.
If I'm travelling somewhere I typically look at the map and add areas of
interest to it before I go.  That way everyone can benefit from the
research I do before I go somewhere.  With now a 6 week plus lag between
early month updates and the map being rolled out that doesn't really work.