V S <victor.shch...@gmail.com> writes:

> All maps are updated now. Please use OsmAnd Live subscription and you will
> get incremental map updates every hour.
> Our full generation map update is becoming more complicated and this month
> it was delayed by 5 days because of hardware issues though it is expected
> that it could take 2-3 weeks and maps of 1st/XX/20YY will be produced at
> 20/XX/20YY

The osmaand live system works great.  I use it typically before going
out mapping, or after doing pre-mapping before going someplace.  (I find
it most efficient to draw everything I can from imagery first, and then
to make notes of things that weren't obvious - having the big things
drawn makes being oriented for notettaking much easier.)

I find that if I click "update", I get an update package that typically
shows a last change time within a few hours.  But often, that's because
nobody updated the map that hour.    I have not tested rigorously, but
it seems that

  edit and upload
  wait 1 hour
  live update

almost always results in getting my updates.

My one nit about the updates is that the configuration of "update daily,
night" seems not to happen.  I don't know if osmand has a background
service, or if it's supposed to happen some other way.   But if I open
up live update and click "update now", it works reliably and quickly.