Hello Anyfile.

Thanks so much for your advise. It works!

Op za 14 aug. 2021 17:49 schreef anyso...@gmail.com <anysomef...@gmail.com>:

> If your directory where the maps and the other OsmAnd data is inside any
> of these directories
>
> <internal_memory>/Andorid/data
> <internal_memory>/Andorid/obb
> <exterrnal_memory>/Andorid/data
> <external_memory>/Andorid/obb

Yes, Osmand was at such a directory.

> You can try to change the location to any directory outside the above
> mentioned ones.

I did. Via a file manager, I created this path at the SD card......

/Osmandmaps/net.osmand.plus/files

Via the Osmand settings, I have manually edited this path:

/storage/039D-1F64/Osmandmaps/net.osmand.plus/files

> Android 11 considers these directories (and their subdirectories) in a
> special way.

You point here at the data and obb directories...I understand....

> To make the change do not try to move the data by yourself via a file
> manager (you would not be able to), but use the procedure I have explain in
> a previous message, the procedure start after "To change the directory
> where data are stored follow this procedure. " in the message at
> https://groups.google.com/g/osmand/c/Ga6kevZKvDs/m/XeqYjMPoAwAJ

Yes, I did. The transfer went smoothly.

> Let hope that after doing this, the download would be better

Yes - way much better!

Bas.