Hello Anyfile & others.

> > Thanks so much for your advise. It works!
> >
> I am glad of that
>
> I think it would be better if the standard installation of Android did
> not place the files under these special directories

I agree.

> > <internal_memory>/Andorid/data
> > <internal_memory>/Andorid/obb
> > <exterrnal_memory>/Andorid/data
> > <external_memory>/Andorid/obb
>

> An evident and understandable explanation should be added to the
> documentation

I agree....

(I can not write such an explanation as I have not
> understood the Android change...)

Me neither.....I understand now the the consequences and workarounds, but
not the rationale behind that change.....

By the way......One problems remains....it is NOT possible to multitask
while downloading maps via Osmand.

Yours.

Bas.