I have been a member of AOTA for a many years. I feel they have been instrumental in helping to keep the demand for OT in the workplace across all settings. We very possibly could have no setting to complain about if not for the management of our educational programs, lobbying for the benefit of OT's across the nation, and promotion of research to provide evidence based data to improve practice. All these are benefits from belonging to our national org.

As an OT that has changed practice settings more than once during my career, AOTA has been a valuable resource to help me to review my skills for necessary self improvement within a new setting. I do not understand why we would not belong to AOTA as this is our professional identity. I firmly believe OT is more in demand because of the national organization. My co-workers do not belong to AOTA or our state organization, they are usually ill informed when they need CE credits or to upgrade their skills for the workplace. I have access to all of those things through AOTA.

Join - it is not good to put it off,

Barbara Hale, OTR/L
PRN OT
inpatient rehab facility