The AOTA also advocated for OT's to utilize PAMS. In California for instance
an OT cannot apply ice, heat, etc. without advanced certification. How is it
that any dolt off the street can apply ice to a person, but an educated
professional cannot? I will tell you why because OT's did not get together
with AOTA to fight PT in the state legislature to include PAMS as part of
their education. The AOTA is for the advancement of this profession, and
perhaps Ron, if you wanted to change OT's perception from UE therapist, you
might find them an ally. I am sure the AOTA would welcome the opportunity to
promote OT as more than an "arm pumper".

Michael A. Holmes MSOTR/L

 <mailto:o...@nvhospital.org> o...@nvhospital.org

(509) 486-2151 x500