From: ocil...@comcast.net
Sender: otlist-boun...@otnow.com
To: otlist@otnow.com
ReplyTo: OTlist@OTnow.com
Subject: Re: [OTlist] a new one
Sent: Aug 26, 2009 9:02 AM

Ron, in my district, PT worked a lot with kids in gym and on skills needed for
gym. A LOT of these kids are ":clumsy" kids and can't dribble a basketball, hit
a ball or even jump with both feet. They also worked on strenghtening in a more
straightforward way such as exercises (while I used

mostly play for strengthening games. The PT didn't have nearly as many kids on
caseload as I did. OT is much more valued in schools than OT, every parent with
a kid with delayed skills wants OT involved. It was, I have to say, a
refreshing change from the adult world, where PT is king.

Ilene Rosenthal, OTR/L

Message: 9