On Monday 13 February 2006 01:46 pm, Marc Lavallée wrote:
> I'm new to the 1-wire technology.
>
> I'd like to interface over 30 DS2408 on a 1-wire bus, using ordinary
> ethernet cables, arranged in a topology of 2 or 3 branches with 10 or 15
> daisy-chained devices. The total length of the cables could be over 100
> meters. I need to monitor momentary push-buttons connected to the I/O pins
> of the 2408 and I need to know about the chronology of their status
> (pressed or released). It would work on Linux, and eventually on OSX. What
> are my options?
>
> Thanks for your help
> --
> Marc

One other thought: the DS2423 (used in the wind speed meter) has two contact
counters, which would make the polling problem easier.

Also, Louis Swart's LCD controller has 4 PIO counter pins that count button
presses.

Neither of these would record order of presses withough rapid polling.

Paul Alfille