Hello from Gregg C Levine
For my part, I'd rather give my money to Maxim-IC for their DS9090K,
because I've got something of a good history with them. Also I
reviewed the contents of the kit via the Maxim-IC website, and as it
happens yes you are right Paul regarding the prototyping area. And I
might add that they provide a set of sockets for their (to me
annoying) TSOC parts on the board.

I've looked at the contents of the Hobby Boards site, and I confess
I'm not impressed. Most of what they sell seems to be aimed towards
the hobbyist who does not want to build his own One-Wire hardware.
Well, with regards to their LCD display stuff that I would buy. It is
one device that I'm not comfortable with trying to build.

I should also add that if we are going to assist the correspondent in
working out the particulars for the many DS2408 project we should also
track down a company who will mount the DS2408 parts to boards on a
relatively cheap basis. Other then Hobby Boards that is. (To assist
with code creation of course.)
---
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi