Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2006 20:12 schrieb Marc Lavallée:
> Le 13 Février 2006 15:03, Jan Kandziora a écrit :
> > Am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 19:46 schrieb Marc Lavallée:
> > > I'm new to the 1-wire technology.
> > >
> > > I'd like to interface over 30 DS2408 on a 1-wire bus, using ordinary
> > > ethernet cables, arranged in a topology of 2 or 3 branches with 10 or
> > > 15 daisy-chained devices.
> >
> > Branches are a big problem for the onewire hardware. According to
> > Dallas'/Maxim's own investigations, it's best to avoid star-bus
> > topologies at all cost. You have three options:
> >
> > 1. Change the star-bus into a looped-bus topology: Use four wires per
> > cable, two for the forward-direction to the branch end, two for the
> > reverse direction back to the root and connect it there with the forward
> > direction of the next brach.
>
> Maybe I would understand better with a schematic.

 HOST            forward-direction
    1W---------------------------------------------------------+
1W_GND--------------------------------------------------------+|
    +---------------------------------------------------------+|
    +---------------------------------------------------------+|
    +---------------------------------------------------------+|
    +---------------------------------------------------------+|
    +---------------------------------------------------------+|
    |+---------------------------------------------------------+

> > 2. Use the DS2409 chip and switch branches.
>
> Something like:
> http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1511
> ?

You could build yourself, as only the DS2409 chip is needed. It's not so hard
to weld a TSOC6 package (unlike SO16) by hand, and you could even get the 2
needed DS2409 parts as samples from Maxim.

Kind regards

        Jan
--
Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a
completely unintentional side effect. -- Linus Torvalds