OK I have installed it, I had to use sudo make install as it complained that it didn't have permission to created in /opt, but I think it is installed now, however....

pi@pi4B:~ $ owdir
-bash: owdir: command not found
pi@pi4B:~ $ /opt/owfs/bin/owserver --ver
/opt/owfs/bin/owserver version:
    3.2p2
libow version:
    3.2p2
pi@pi4B:~ $

Is 3.2p2 the correct version?  I thought it should be 3.2p4.

Also I cannot get owdir to work

pi@pi4B:~ $ owdir
-bash: owdir: command not found
pi@pi4B:~ $ /opt/owfs/bin/owdir
pi@pi4B:~ $

I have sensors connected and they were working, have I missed something?

I tried starting the service -

pi@pi4B:~ $ sudo systemctl start owserver
Failed to start owserver.service: Unit owserver.service is masked.
pi@pi4B:~ $ sudo service owserver start