> On 17 Aug 2020, at 00:23, Mick Sulley <m...@sulley.info> wrote:
>
> OK I have installed it, I had to use sudo make install as it complained that
> it didn't have permission to created in /opt, but I think it is installed
> now, however....

`sudo install` is quite dangerous… it should be done only in a controlled
environment … like fakeroot
I fear that with `sudo install` you have overwritten
/lib/systemd/system/owserver.service etc.

Maybe it is better to

- make a backup (just in case)
- run `sudo uninstall` (which should remove all files installed by sudo
install)
- reinstall the owserver raspbian packages.
> pi@pi4B:~ $ owdir
> -bash: owdir: command not found
> pi@pi4B:~ $ /opt/owfs/bin/owserver --ver
> /opt/owfs/bin/owserver version:
>     3.2p2
> libow version:
>     3.2p2
> pi@pi4B:~ $
>
> Is 3.2p2 the correct version?  I thought it should be 3.2p4.

It should be 3.2p3 (since 3.2p4 is not yet released)

> Also I cannot get owdir to work
>
> pi@pi4B:~ $ owdir
> -bash: owdir: command not found
> pi@pi4B:~ $ /opt/owfs/bin/owdir
> pi@pi4B:~ $
>
> I have sensors connected and they were working, have I missed something?
>
> I tried starting the service -
>
> pi@pi4B:~ $ sudo systemctl start owserver
> Failed to start owserver.service: Unit owserver.service is masked.
> pi@pi4B:~ $ sudo service owserver start
> Failed to start owserver.service: Unit owserver.service is masked.
> pi@pi4B:~ $

This should be because the systemd files were overwritten… I’m really sorry,
maybe I should write detailed instructions on how to test a new version without
`sudo install`.

S.