Andrea - Is she a primip?
My only confirmed experience of a woman with bicornate uterus was as
follows:
Woman had two normal vaginal births with no problems at all.
Third baby confirmed by U/S to be breech.  Delivered by compulsory/elective
C.S.
During the C.S. the OB discovered she had a bicornate uterus.
Fourth baby - Same Ob. states it MUST be a repeat C.S.  No negotiation.
Woman booked in at 38/40 against her wishes, complaining loudly to admitting
midwife (me) that she does NOT want a CS - wants a vaginal birth.  I
dutifully inform her of her rights.  She stays in hospital, with her older
children all complaining that Mum does not want a C.S.
I arrived at work next morning to triumphant news about the C.S. woman
delivering overnight - having laboured quietly and secretly in her room -
Ob. called in the night and advised of labour - insisted on EMERGENCY C.S. -
O.T. staff all called in for emergency.... woman protesting all the way to
theatre - and triumphantly pushed out her baby on the operating table in
front of astonished O.T. staff... (they don't see many normal births).  Ob
(red faced and angry as hell) forgets in the confusion to give to synto - so
a physiological third stage to boot.  No problems or complications and the
smile could not be wiped off that woman's face for weeks.

This story sticks in my mind as one of the most empowering hospital births I
remember.

Not too sure about the double cervix issue - haven't seen that myself.  Food
for thought....  Cheers, Lois