Hi Lynne,

Thanks for this great info - such inspiring stories - I hope she finds them as uplifting as I do!

Thanks for sharing....

Andrea

At 10:14 PM 10/03/2003, Lynne Staff wrote:
Hi Andrea - I have accompanied quite a few women over the years who have a
bicornuate uterus (with or without two cervices). My experience is that they
have laboured and given birth as any other woman would, although we were
cautioned (as students) that 'inco-ordinate uterine action' might be a
problem, due to the fact that contractions originate in the uterine cornuae.
Also the presence or absence of a uterine septum may have an influence on
the presentation of the baby.

Two of the most beautiful homebirths I have attended were with a woman with
a bicornutae uterus and a uterine septum. She had a family history of prem
births (mother and sister - both with bircornuae). Her first babe was
cephalic (she was amazing in labour - when the contractions were very strong
she said over and over "Goodness me! My goodness me!", and had her son. Her
second babe decided  he wanted to present by the breech from 34 weeks. He
stayed that way, and although Maria agreed to go to hospital for the birth,
when she went to go to the hospital, her labour stopped. She took this as a
sign and we had THE most perfect breech birth at home (term). No touching of
the babe - just support of his body (hand under his little bum only) until
his arms were born. Maria was on hands and knees until his head was ready to
be born - then she eased up into a squat, and his head was born - magic. I
can only speak from personal expereince - I am sure there are midwives out
there with much more experience than me, but hope this helps!

Warm regards, Lynne

-----
Andrea Robertson
Birth International * ACE Graphics * Associates in Childbirth Education

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.birthinternational.com