I and most other homebirth midwives have been facilitating water labour and
waterbirth for 20yrs or more.  We have had no problems related to the water
in all that time.  the hospitals here (WA)are afraid of water and there are
no hospitals or birthcentres who allow planned waterbirth.  I have not heard
of any place that has banned waterbirth on the evidence.  MM