Dear Abby and all

You said

"I would charge the Ob, I believe that was the first and only time in my
life when I have been sexually abused."

Can I suggest that unless women like you make complaints to the HCCC that
these practices will remain and more women will feel violated from obstetric
practice.

When Maternity Coalition met with the NSW Health Care Complaints
Commissioner she made it very clear that although she 'knew' that maternity
services were pretty much broken in NSW on the basis of complaints against
Obs they looked wonderful (ie 13 out of 86,000).

Groups like MC will only remain credible if women are brave and 'come
forward' (to appropriate agencies) with their complaints.

I do not know how hard it is to mount a complaint against a Dr.  But I do
know how hard it is to address the torment of sexual abuse so in a way I can
sympathise.

Kind regards

Justine