Tania

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrea Quanchi
Sent: Thursday, 1 June 2006 7:27 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] students & learning

If the woman invites the student to be there and the MIPP is happy
what prevents them from being there. Surely we are letting them know
what the real world is like and the reality is that MIPP are working
uninsured and having to cope with what that means in reality.  This
is no different from when I attend a hospital with a woman and the
hospital says that they only recognise me as a support person. I
could let that stop me from going there but I don't. If students want
to be at hom births they will, they will learn heaps and if they cant
write it down on paper for the uni then dont but dont let it stop
them from attending because the experience is to valuable to waste.
Andrea Quanchi